FTT’s Product Definition Group offers exceptional experience in modeling, drafting, and other supporting roles. Our team members have an average of more than 22 years of turbomachinery experience each, on components including airfoils, actuation systems, bearings, combustors, compressors, gear boxes, shafts, and transitions, among others. We regularly attend software user conferences and additional training to stay up-to-date on technology upgrades.
The Product Definition Group has supported FTT’s multi-disciplinary design teams in the successful delivery of advanced technology compressor, combustor, and turbine demonstrators, including instrumentation; designs for space rocket engine turbopumps and flow demonstrators; turbine component upgrades; small turbofan engine development and testing; and the development of components and assemblies in support of advanced technology upgrade packages. Using CAD software including Unigraphics NX, Pro-E Wildfire, Pro/Program, Autocad, CATIA, Rhino, and others, the group provides:
- Parametric modeling
- Solid modeling for structural analysis
- Drawing creation
- Layout support
- Design assist
- Checking – design analysis
- Tolerance studies (2D and 3D)
- Assembly checks (2D and 3D)
- Application and interpretation of GD&T per ASME Y14.5M-1994
- Application and interpretation of international and customer specifications and standards (ANSI, ASME, Mil Specs, ISO, etc.)
- Assemblies including bills of material, parts lists, etc.